The ambition for business leaders and marketers is to stand out in a competitive marketplace.
This case study examines LiDCO’s new online presence in the important US marketplace. At launch, the 97% HubSpot Website Grader rating emphasised that the core strategic principles had been accomplished.
LiDCO is a hemodynamic monitoring company and leader in the UK. The monitoring of hemodynamic parameters in the hospital operating room is reported in the literature to reduce post-operative complications and associated costs. LiDCO wished to engage with US customers with a new business model and in a style that departed from the corporate norm. This exciting collaborative project challenged the usual tone of voice and heavy content style of the international company and its competitors.
LiDCO wished to engage with US customers with a new business model and in a style that departed from the corporate norm. This exciting collaborative project challenged the usual tone of voice and heavy content style of the international company and its competitors.
“Opencity fully supported the LiDCO organisation in the creation and launch of a new US facing website specifically designed to inform our US audience of our latest commercial offering. The newly created website would allow us to address the US audience directly, sharing with them an innovative and disruptive business model which would help expand our reach in North America,” described LiDCO’s President North America, Shane Doorish.
Applying inbound best practices
The project introduced the inbound methodology best practices to the team. Key steps included the following:
- Persona development – considerable time was invested in researching LIDCO customers to develop detailed buyer personas. These were validated with further customers and the sales team;
- Strategic principles – 10 core principles were determined at the outset to guide the decision making through the project. Mobile First was the dominating factor;
- HubSpot automation – LiDCO recognised the value that adopting the HubSpot platform would bring to nurturing customers and delivering content that would resonate;
- Content copywriting guidelines – Another reference document used with all clients to act as a style guide for spelling, grammar, abbreviations, keywords etc;
- Regulatory environment – The US healthcare market, more than any other, focussed attention on incorporating best practices consistent with FDA guidance.
“Using HubSpot, Opencity created a clear and intuitive website and provided great data and advice to help us make key decisions. They did a fantastic job of co-ordinating meetings, sharing feedback, communicating effectively and providing direction where needed, all in a professional and efficient manner,” added Doorish.
We enjoyed working with CEO Matt Sassone, Shane Doorish, Johnny Levett and teams. The next phase is building on online authority through a sustained content marketing program.
Opencity Inc. can help you build thought leadership and online authority. Read our free ebook through the link below.
DOWNLOAD HOW TO SCALE INBOUND IN MEDTECH EBOOK
Featured image was taken from HubSpot’s Website Grader