Our Love Lose – November features a conference, a video tutorial, and social responsibility campaign that we loved. Such a busy month and so much from which to choose.
- #INBOUND16 – I was looking for something at #INBOUND16 to include in our November Love list; before appreciating it was actually #INBOUND16 itself that was exceptional in every way. We tried to summarize in this post 3 must-do actions from #INBOUND16. The conference organisation was exemplary. It proved valuable in meeting so many incredible people. It is so motivating to be part of this INBOUND movement. I have already bought my ticket for #INBOUND17 next September.
- Content Marketing certification module – This free course offered by the HubSpot Academy was outstanding. The module of Effective Writing was among the best we have seen on this important topic. The course is expertly presented. The module on repurposing content will help any communicator. I took the test and passed with flying colours! Try it.
- Amazon Smile – Clever, simple user experience to choose your social responsibility
- Invest in an autocue (teleprompter) – We saw one terrible example from a world-renowned media house, where the presenter looked almost entirely at his notes in a very protracted video conference introduction. While we advocate for the use of inexpensive video this example detracted from the quality of the investment and message.
Top November post highlights
Our top November posts include these highlights:
- 3 must-do actions from #INBOUND16 – There were so many things at #INBOUND16. It was tough to pick three. Look out for a future post on how to produce blog video in under 10 minutes. We are also expanding on the popular inbound on a shoestring budget series.
- A busy month mentoring on hacking in healthcare Post Hackathon commercialisation, 10 tips to win a Hackathon & Why Roze won Hack4Health 2.0 plus a related one as a Charity Spotlight for the MS Society of Canada. This graphic canvas created in the moment by Wendy Newbery was fabulous.
Share your own love it and lose it ideas
We invite you to directly share what tools you have discovered and love or those annoyances we think we should lose. We may feature your suggestions.
Featured image courtesy of HubSpot Academy from Content Marketing certification course