Our Love Lose – March features a podcast, a book, and a patient case presentation. Each challenges how we listen to patients, customers, and leaders.
- Growth Show podcast series – HubSpot’s excellent podcast series with inspiring business leaders. We have been binge listening to a year’s worth of podcasts. While we have listened to them sporadically in the past, there is something in every podcast episode. Here is a link to the podcast episode with Scott Harrison. Charity: Water was one of our former Charity Spotlight features.
- There is No B2B or B2C: It’s Human to Human: #H2H – A terrific quick read by Bryan Kramer, who is credited with coining the term Human to Human #H2H.
“Our challenge as humans is to find, understand and explain the most complex in its most simplistic form. Find the community in our humanity, and speak the language we’ve all been waiting for. That’s Human to Human: #H2H” @bryankramer
- Astellas patient case presentation – European Urology Association Congress at the ExCeL London. This was easy for many delegates to miss, yet, the life-size, animated personas have taken the presentation of an individual patient case studies to a new level. Impressive. The series of images that follow illustrate the concept presentation. Congratulations Astellas. Although the context of its use is to educate healthcare practitioners, the concept aligns with persona development research.
- Confirm email address field – A controversial topic. The increasing use of mobile and the autofill on many devices suggest that a confirm email address is just an irritation to the user experience. The jury is out on whether this is a best practice step as provided in many contact form plugins.
Top March post highlights
- Case Study | Building a new MTH online presence – Like many charities, Milton Transitional Housing was just using Facebook, having given up on their website. Read this case study on how we helped them build an elevated online presence.
- Blog template to publish in under 2 hours – Create your blog post in under 2-hours using our illustrated blog template explained here.
- The Rise of the Waterloo Region Medtech start-up ecosystem – The start-up ecosystem in Waterloo Region has spawned 2,299 start-ups. We examine Agfa HealthCare as a Medtech illustration and challenge organisations including MEDEC in supporting this innovation ecosystem.
- Shoreditch Trust – Waterhouse Restaurant | Charity Spotlight – The Waterhouse Restaurant operated by Shoreditch Trust illustrates their support for young people in Hackney. You will be inspired by the documentary film. We can attest to the delicious food and spot-on customer service.
What caught our attention in March
The stunning featured image of the Toronto skyline courtesy of Ryan Bolton photography @iamryanbolton. Ryan’s work is inspiring, and his 2008 photojournalism Homelessness on the Rise newspaper cover story inspired the formation of Milton Transitional Housing.
Share your own love it and lose it ideas
We invite you to directly share what tools you have discovered and love or those annoyances we think we should lose. We may feature your suggestions.
Opencity Inc. thinks giving a spotlight to charities is important and one way we can be socially responsible.